The vast majority of web surfers searching for a quick XXX fix often resort to easily accessible, free, mainstream porn sites that feature violent, coercive,
misogynistic material (BDSM is not considered coercive or violent if
consensual.) There are many sources (some listed below) of ethically created, pleasure-focused, consent-based, orgasm-oriented, kinky pornography that depict diverse people, bodies, abilities, genders, sexual orientations, and kinks.
As mentioned in the B.R.A. podcast, thoughtfully considering your online porn options is an empowering strategy to enjoy watching something that makes you feel excited and turned on, and also not feel completely terrible about it afterward!
WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR PORN WHEN I CAN WATCH IT FOR FREE INSTEAD?
Ethical producers and performers of adult films deserve to receive payment for the pornography you consume, and adult film stars have a fundamental right to safe and legal working conditions and without being exploited.
SUGGESTED PORN SITES TO CHECK OUT:
(Non-exhaustive list, there are more! See what suits your fancy.)
- Erika Lust “…a new wave of ethical adult cinema production, challenging mass produced mainstream pornography.“
- Crash Pad Series “…dedicated to producing sexy and exciting images that reflect today’s blurred gender lines and fluid sexualities.“
- Four Chambers “…a project, an idea and an ongoing collaboration with the intention to explore the aesthetic and conceptual potential of pornography as a medium for ideas.“
- NO FAUXXX “…the oldest running “queer” porn site on the internet, and to this date the only porn site to mix alt, gay, lesbian, straight, trans, kink, bbw genres into one common site.”
- PinkLabel.TV “…Independent Erotic and Adult Films“
- Joy Bear Pictures “…Justin Santos created Joybear Pictures in 2003 because he was tired of seeing films with people having pleasure-less sex, especially women. His goal was simple. Make adult films fun.”
- Bright Desire “This site offers a new and different kind of porn – new wave, smart porn. The aim is to move beyond the old cliches, boundaries and negativity of standard, old-style pornography and to offer something fresh, inclusive and intelligent.”
- Check out more suggestions on this list created by UnBound writer, Andriana Kanaras, or this Bustle list created by writer Amanda Chatel.